Mertins Family

Mertins Family
Sailing the "Dream" Disney Cruise 2013

Sunday, August 26, 2012

To the "G", to the "O", Go Colts Go!

After all of the wonderful years of coaching high school cheerleading, I swore I would have only boys when I got pregnant and that if I did have girls they were not going to be cheerleaders.  Well ... I am eating those words right now.  Someday I will learn to just keep my mouth shut, huh?  So Mackenzie wanted to do cheerleading, since the older girls across the street do it.  We signed her up and at the registration I somehow got talked into being the coach.  Here we are now ... and Mac loves it and I actually am enjoying this more than I did the high school age.  These Kindergarteners are so darn cute.  We have had a couple practices, two games and even had the chance to participate in the Grayslake Central HS Varsity football game.  Here are some pics:
Getting in form for a tuck jump (she has the "hug" clap correct)

Look at that form for starting her tuck jump ... she's a natural

The camera caught the after of the jump and not the during ... looks like she made the jump

Showing the Jr. Coaches (high school cheerleaders that assist them) what "candlesticks" are

Sideline cheer: "Keep it up, keep it up, keep that super spirit up"

"Say keep - it - up - whoo!"

Stunting with the older girls at the game


First time up with the older girls

Smile for the camera and nice high V!

At Grayslake Central  HS waiting in line to be introduced on the field at the Varsity game

These eight girls are future Central cheerleaders 

Making the tunnel for the Varsity football team to run through

Stunting with older cheerleaders for the parents at the Varsity football game

All the way up to a full ... she is loving this!

Mackenzie does a shoulder sit with Olivia (our neighbor)

All of the Colts cheerleaders that came to the first Central game

Taylor is a pommie, Mac is on the Mascot cheer team and Olivia is on the Varsity cheer team for the Colts

No comments:

Post a Comment