Mertins Family

Mertins Family
Sailing the "Dream" Disney Cruise 2013

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Swim Lessons

We spend our entire summer at the pool.  Mackenzie has pretty much self-taught herself to swim.  I decided that I wanted to get her in a swim class so she can learn how to use her arms and breath correctly when swimming.  I took some pictures of her in class one day - she is doing so good!

Since Mac in a class that meets every day for two weeks, I thought why not put Lauren in a class too.  Well, Lauren isn't as into swimming as Mac is.  In fact, she is not really into socializing and being a "part" of anything.  Lauren's class is only two days a week for 30 minutes, so I thought ... piece of cake.  Ugh - - Boy was I wrong!  She made me be in the water with them the first day and she really didn't participate at all.  The second day I told her that I was going to sit in the chairs and watch her.  Here is what she did:
That is her laying on the edge of the pool pouting

As the class participates ... she sits and watches
Mac floats to the instructor

Comes up for air

Floats back to the wall

Waiting her turn

Getting out 

Push off the wall like a rocket

Good Job Mac

Floats on her own for a long time

Swimming under the water ... this is how she is the entire time we are at the pool

At the end of class they play a game
Ending class for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment